Purple Reign...

Apart from my all time favourite red-lip look, I must say I love that deep purple 'vampy' look as well_ there's an edge it gives. Though it's said to be appropriate for the fall-season, I rarely follow looks for the season. I've got all the seasons rolled-up in one_ spring, fall, summer or winter look (all join!). :)

When wearing a dark-colour lip-stick, I think the only thing to consider is your skin-tone. Every lip-stick has an under-tone, so just make sure it matches your skin-tone; personally, I some-times get confused about the skin-tones and under-tones... so I just go with the flow. As long as it looks flattering on me.

Also, I line my lips with the shade of the lip-stick or slightly darker... I prefer to fill-in my lips with the liner first, then apply the lip-stick with a lip-brush; it gives a cleaner and even look.

When wearing a 'vampy' lip-colour, I make my eyes simple_ saving for when I'm going for that really dramatic or Gothic look.

There are so many 'vampy' lip-sticks I have on my wish-list, but so far, I've got 3 that I 'rock' ever so often.

Swatches of  Merlot, Smother and Damson respectively.





The first is from Mary Kay in Merlot (to think I nearly didn't get this lip-stick_ I'm sure glad I did!).

Here is a look...

It looks beautiful on most skin-tones; it glides-on very well (super creamy); long-lasting, especially when I use it with a lip-liner; it doesn't feather nor bleed. I absolutely love this. It is said to be enhanced with vitamins E and C... (not like I go out of my way to pay mind to the vitamins in my lip-sticks_ then again, maybe I should.). I must say it does feel quite moisturising.







Sleek True Color Lip-stick in Smother


It also a berry shade. It looks like the MK lip-stick in Merlot, except it looks slightly more purple. It is said to be a dupe for the Mac lip-stick in Rebel. The sleek is a sheen unlike that of the Mac which has a satin finish.

I love the sensual look it gives. When I wear this, I feel like I can take-over the world. Lol.
It's pigmented, non-drying and glides-on as well. Though, I must add, I have to touch it up after a few hours, but other-wise, a really nice lip-stick.

Here is a quick look...

Rocking the Smother Lipstick...




BC (Body Collection) in Damson.


When I got this, I thought it was a deep purple colour, until I realised it's got a sort of brown under-tone. This is probably my least favourite of them. When I saw it I loved the colour but it doesn't stay on long, and is not that pigmented (had to do a couple of swatches to get the colour intensity I wanted. Well for what its worth, I got it for £1, so I guess not too bad.





The next is an Island Beauty Lip-stick.



I actually like this one. It does last long, it is pigmented and it is affordable. I think this is in Black-velvet (I'm not certain of that though_ the name is wiped-off). It gives a sort of metallic and matte effect. My only grouse is with the 'smell'; asides that, nice!

Here is a look...



I did say I have got a lot of dark lip-sticks(not necessarily just deep purples) on my wish list:

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen and Transylvania

Mac Rebel and Cyber

Wet & Wild in Vamp It Up, and

Nars in Volga.

So I'm curious, would you rock a dark lip-stick? (Could be ox-blood, dark purples, dark browns...)
If yes, which would it be?

Thanks for stopping-by!

xoxo

P.S.:
Easter Greetings! :)

Comments

  1. Scratches head. So much to learn here. But like seriously! I rarely concern myself with the entire make up process. Wear whatever suits me and off I go Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol..I know the feeling. sometimes I wish I could go back to the days where I could just slap on anything and dash out...
      My dear...not anymore o! Lol.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts