Mac Keeps Calling!

I don't know what I can do to stop Mac from calling me!

Mac just doesn't give up: keeps calling and some-times, I have no option but to pick up! Hehe.

But in all honesty, I do enjoy our quality conversations (Mac speaks super well to my lips). Lol.

A few years ago, I went into a serious relationship with Mac; off-and-on no doubt, but we've had some amazing times together ;). Others like Revlon, Maybelline, Iman, Sleek, Nyx, Wet-and-Wild have tried to come between us, but nothing has separated our 'love'. Lol. Except for money of course!





My road to Mac Lip-sticks began years ago when some-one very special to me got this on one of my birth-days, and ever since, we_ Mac and I, have had a solid relationship. :)



I'll start with my first Mac lip-stick, Captive.





I love this lip-stick; at one point it was my every-day lip-stick to work. It's a deep-berry shade with a satin-finish.

I've got super dry-lips so this works great on me be-cause, it's non-drying. It is creamy and smooth. It's pigmented, but doesn't stay long on my lips, that's the only down-side, though it could stay for 3 to 4 hours (if I'm not eating or kissing ;) Hehe)

I don't need to use a lip-balm with this, and I noticed I can wear this with-out a lip-liner. I think this will suit any skin-tone.



Then there is Touch.




This is my first nude lip-stick. I didn't really know about it... I usually do my research before buying make-up products, but this time I visited a Mac-shop and asked for the best nude lip-stick for my skin-tone. This was recommended. I tried it there and fell in-love with it.

It has a lustre-finish, and super moisturising. It is a medium-brown with a very slight golden under-tone. Personally, I don't line my lips when using this lip-stick, I just apply it and I'm good to go.
But today, I used the Zaron Lip Liner in Cappuccino.



Velvet Teddy






I searched (and searched and searched) until I found this lip-stick.

I read some-place it was discontinued, but I was keen on getting it. So, the moment I saw it on an on-line shop (though I was 'broke' at the time) I knew I wanted it; I quickly ordered it. It so happens it was the last one on the site too. :o)

I liked it even more when Chanel Boateng made a video on Kylie Jenner's look. She used Mac's Soar lip-liner and Mac's Velvet Teddy lip-stick. It was absolutely gorgeous.

Another beautiful lady I follow on YouTube, Amy Lozy. She uses Velvet Teddy as well, and it comes out really stunning. Made me want to get it all the more. :)

So this is a matte nude brown lip-stick. It actually looks a little like a Pink-beige. It is amazing! I like this lip-stick, and it would look good on any skin-tone. I highly recommend this lip-stick, especially if you've got the nude-fever like me. Lol
I also used the Zaron Lip Liner in Cappuccino.



Vegas Volt





I have been in search for a nice coral-like lip-stick, so I have had this on my wish-list for a while. Until I was able to get it.

* This camera doesn't really do justice to the true color of these lipsticks.:(

It is an amplified lip-stick. I almost always get compliments when I use this lip-stick. The only issue is it doesn't last long_ I have to touch-it-up every now and then. It also settles into lines on my lips after application (not nice). I think this will compliment all skin-tones. I still love my Vegas Volt! :)


Snob






I got this with my Vegas Volt, (it has also been on my wish-list). I decided to get this after I saw a picture of a bride done by BMPRO. I just fell in-love with it!

A baby pink with mauve under-tones (like a barbie pink). It is creamy and super pigmented and relatively lasts long.

Personally, I don't use this alone, I create an ombre lip-effect with this lip-stick. I apply Snob on the middle of the lips and use a clear gloss on top of it. Beautiful! :)

I lined it with Zaron Lip Liner in Prune Juice.



Candy Yum Yum




This lip-stick that was raved about on YouTube a while back. I had to see what all the hype was about and honestly, I didn't really like using it until recently. It is a bright Neon sort of Pink. It is matte as well, highly pigmented and long-lasting. I read some-place Nyx Sweet Pink is a dupe for Mac's Candy Yum Yum.

Well, Nyx is more affordable. I think Nyx Sweet Pink is brighter. Like the other matte lip-sticks, you have to make sure your lips are well moisturised to avoid that flakey-look, but I have noticed no matter how I try to moisturise my lips with all the balms, I still notice lines on my lips. The colour pay-off is great though, but when applying I've learnt to apply it like a lip-stain (using my fingers to dab a little on my lips then apply a gloss on top), especially for an every-day look.



Flat Out Fabulous






I ABSOLUTELY love this lip-stick, it is indeed a fabulous lip-stick. It is a beautiful colour and would look great on any-one! I'm definitely repurchasing when I run-out.

This is a matte fuchsia lip-stick with a blue under-tone; like all of Mac's matte lip-sticks, this lasts for-ever. And did I say it's gorgeous? Oh yes it is! :) It is perfection! Lol. In fact, the picture doesn't do justice to how gorgeous this lip-stick looks.  I literally smile every-time I have this lip-stick on :) (that's how much I like it).

Thanks sist... (for getting this on my birth-day ;)). Go tell your sister to get one for you! Hehe.



* At this point my lips were crying for help after all the cleaning and applying. Lol.
The lip-sticks refused to respond... as they would normally applied. :(

See expression on my face!


LOL.


Russian Red





I remember looking for a nice red, long-wearing lip-stick a few years ago and my sister-in-law recommended Mac's Russia Red. This is an amazing colour to have in your collection. A real classic red (slightly darker than the usual red), VERY pigmented, longgg lasting... I'm talking all day, it is a matte lip-stick (not so drying on me). I love! :)



Ruby Woo



I already had Russia Red, I was contemplating not getting the Ruby Woo; personally, I feel it is slightly darker than Russia Red, though people say it's brighter. Asides that, the hype over the ruby woo was such, it got my attention; and I wasn't the only one... my sisters fell for it as well.:)

I remember losing my ruby woo some-time ago, it felt like I was missing a rib. Lol. I had to get another; then miraculously I found the other, my sister decided it was 'GOD's miracle upon her life', and automatically took it for hers. Lol.

Any-ways, we've established Ruby Woo is one of my favourite Mac lip-sticks; the only 'wahala' I have with this retro matte lip-stick is the dryness... I have to seriously exfoliate my lips with my Elf Lip Exfoliator and apply my Lip Conditioner before I can successfully apply this, though it seems ok on my sister. :)

It is long-lasting as well, as in eat, drink, kiss-kiss... still there! Lol






Dangerous







This is an orange matte lip-stick with a lot of red under-tones. This is one of Mac's matte lip-sticks I have a tough-time applying be-cause the formulae is super-dry, especially when I apply it directly. So instead, I use my fingers, some-times a lip-brush. It also doesn't apply smoothly, I can see the patches on my lips. Besides that, it is a beautiful colour and looks great!










See! Mac just keeps calling!

In fact, I just got a call right now. But I wouldn't pick up just yet.:)  Does Mac call you too? Lol.

What did you end up picking? :)


Thanks for stopping by!


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts