2 Mothers... to Me!




This post is all about this Classic Lace-Weave top, which was worn, if I'm not mistaken, in the 80s and probably early 90s; this was the IN-thing then_ if you didn't have this weave-like sort of see-through top (which was usually worn with 2 'wrappers') you weren't fashionable. :)

Can you remember these sort of tops?



My grand-mother [rest her soul!] and mother 'rocked' various designs, and passed this to me as their 'Ada' ;)... [or Ada decided to collect it for her self]. Hehe.



 I absolutely love the top. It's sort of a off-white with a bit of gold embellishments neatly hand-woven... I wonder if they still have these around.

So, would you 'rock' this in this fashion-savvy time? Lol. 

I think if you still have these, don't chuck them aside, you could absolutely 'rock' it.

O.k., back to the look:

I paired it with a black, flared-skirt and a black shoe.



Uhmm... but I felt it didn't work too well for me, especially where I was wanting to go;

so I changed to a dark-blue skinny-jeans.



At this point, I wanted to wear the top, regardless of any-'hoo'!



I just wanted my mothers... on me. Hehe! [I know how that sounds_ but you get the gist!]. 


*Looking at the pictures, I wonder what special event was taking place at my left-side. Lol. 'Efemena, face the camera na!' 

So, do you prefer the top with the skirt, or trousers? :)


Thanks for stopping-by!


xoxo

Comments

  1. Hot mama jammer.....Looking Good Hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Thanks sweet! :) . But you didn't tell me which you prefer with the top...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's more in vogue with the skinny jeans...as for the flare skirt, I think that's far beyond our mothers... It looks more like the early days of Nigeria's struggle for independence.. (early 60's) hehehe!! #Nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... your last statement got me cracking.

      Thanks for stopping by Ehimare :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gud job madam.keep it up.love it on d jeans

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts