My Foundation Story ...Episode 2.:)

I featured liquid foundations on the first episode of my foundation story and I got asked questions like: What sort of foundation should I use?; Why is it after some minutes of using my foundation, I start to notice lines on my fore-head?; Why does my make-up look like it's melting?; Why does my make-up look so caked?"

I've asked these same questions at one point as well, so I know how frustrating it can get when trying to choose the right foundation, especially when you look at other ladies and notice how flawless they look, you start to wonder! :)

It is indeed some-times a struggle to choose the right foundation for your skin tone and type.


Well, in my experience it all depends on what you are using. You should find-out the right formula for your skin type; it could be cream, stick liquid or powder. A skin-type test will show you what to use.

If you have a dry-skin, choose a liquid ( there are some liquid foundations specifically formulated for normal to dry skins_Revlon hs one); stick ( I recommend Black Opal; it has a moisturizing and creamy consistency_which makes it easy to blend, of course there are others)

If your skin is oily, like moi, I recommend oil-free liquid or powder foundation_use powders that absorb oil, leaving you with a matte and smooth finish. I read some-place that a foundation that contains salicylic acid dries up the oil-producing glands that cause pimples.


O.K., let us get on with it!




I will be talking about my stick foundations, creme to powder foundations and a mousse foundation. 

The first is my Iman Stick Foundation:

At a time, this was my go-to foundation. It gives a great coverage and will last through-out the day (come rain or shine) Lol.

I used this in Earth 5, now I use it in Earth 4; believe me when I say this foundation does not transfer_ even when I'm sweating it still stays-on. Come to think of it, that is also a problem of sorts. As it doesn't transfer easily, it does make it difficult to blend, but I learnt to spray-on some Fix+, or you could simply spritz-on or spray a little water on your face to make your face moist.

This foundation has a really nice matte-finish, and as I said, it is long-lasting especially after setting-it with a powder.


Then there is Black Opal Stick Foundation:

I actually like this foundation; it gives a great coverage. Personally, when I use this foundation, I look like a grease ball. It gets my skin pretty oily. Even after using my Milk of Magnesia (face primer), setting with powder and using Nyx Matte Set Spray, I still get super oily after-wards.

Still, this foundation gives a beautiful, full and flawless coverage. It is one foundation that can hide acne scars or spots on your face and you do  not have to  necessarily use a concealer; for that it gets high points from me.

I use the shade, Beautiful Bronze, some-times mixed with the shade, Carob.


Sleek Creame to Powder Foundation:

I used to be a fanatical (a.k.a., a fan) of Sleek foundations and powder (especially the pressed powder), but now I don't use them as such/as often. May-be it's because the shade I've got looks a bit dark on me. I use the shade Hot Chocolate. It is also not so easy to apply, because it has a sort of dry formula. I have to warm it up with my fingers and I apply it in sections on my face and blend so it wouldn't dry-up and lead to patches on my face.

It is a beautiful foundation with good coverage, but I do get oily after-wards, so it is important to use a primer and set it with powder.


Ruby Kisses 3D Face Creator:

At one point this was my favourite foundation. I use the shade in Level 12. I should probably go for a shade darker than this.

This foundation is creamy. It is actually a contouring-concealing kit (it comes in two shades, so you are actually getting a 2 in 1 product). It comes out smooth, but I tend to get oily after-wards. Give or take, this stays on for almost 5 hours.

I like the coverage and the way it gives a flawless look. I use this under my eyes, to give a nice high-light, or to clean my brows.



Iman Second-to-None Cream-to- Powder Foundation:

This has got to be one of my most used cream-to-powder foundation. It glides smoothly, conceals my dark-spots and... I'm not sure how to explain it, but after application, even with my oily skin it gives that silky and glowing look I really like. I use the shade in Earth 4 and Earth 2 to give a slight high-light.


Black Opal Total Coverage Concealing Foundation:

If you have normal to dry skin, this would be a lovely product especially as an under-eye concealer/high-lighter; but if you have oily-skin... uhmm, in fact, let's run to-gether. Lol.

It is an oil formulation, so I wouldn't recommend this for any-one with oily-skin, steer clear!

Every-time I use this, I end up looking like a grease vat. Even after blotting through-out the day the shine and grease came right back to pay their respect. Lol.

But, the coverage is hands-down good; I use the shade, Beautiful Bronze-07.


Mac Mineralize Foundation:
I actually 'nicked'  this from my younger sister. hehe. It is not in my shade. This is in NC
45, so I use this to high-light. It is creamy and blends well.

Although, I have got mixed feelings about this_ it made me look oily. I am guessing it will work well for those with dry-skin.


Jose Face Foundation:

A friend of mine told me about this one_ she sells it at her cosmetics-shop.

It has a powder as well (I wrote briefly about it in my last post_ an amazing powder).

I use the shade PPT-03.

I tried-out the cream-foundation first and I must say this gives a nice coverage and flawless look. When I mean flawless, I mean absolutely. You get that glow-ey finish. It is inexpensive as well.
My only qualm is that it doesn't last long (on me any-way), and I feel it clogs my skin there-by making me prone to break-outs. :(



Maybelline Mousse Foundation:

I used this to make my sister-in-law up on her wedding day. It looked so beautiful on her and lasted for hours, even after all the 'bubbling'. Lol. I was very impressed, so I got one for my-self. I used the shade 060 Caramel (I should have gotten it in Cocoa).

It looks like whipped-cream_ making it weightless, and it produces a matte finish.


The first time I used it, I felt it looked very nice. Until one day, a colleague asked, "What is wrong with your face?" I looked in the mirror and discovered I looked ashen (like I was playing a zombie character. Lol). It wasn't like that when I applied it. It flaked, and I noticed dry patches on my face. Obviously, I became disappointed in the product, but hey, it worked for my sister-in-law (one man's meat, another's...) :)


That concludes the First season of My Foundation Story.
Look-out for Season 2... Hehe

Thanks for stopping-by!

xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts