"Please, I Want to Recognise My Wife" :)

It was their 3rd anniversary; she came visiting with her husband; he wanted to surprise her by taking her some place special. So, she wanted me to give her a make-over (that's my favourite part).

I got into it, and the first thing her husband said to me: "Please, I want to recognise my wife!" Lol.
That statement made me remember a little research I did months ago on one of my podcasts; you can listen to it on my 'Life-style on Radio' page.

Link below.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Life-Style-on-Radio/904923029534182?fref=ts

I asked some men their thoughts on make-up on their women. The major response was: less is more (they'd rather she's natural). Now, if they meant natural is a defined-brow, with a bit of foundation or powder, a bit of eye-shadow, mascara, and a nice lip-stick (to give that oomph!), then we are talking; but, if they meant natural... as in, all my under-eye dark circles shouting hallelujah, my brows struggling to stay down (Lol). Then, personally, naah!

Back to the look!



I love dramatic looks, but some-times I can relate with her husband thinking like that_ making-up should still make the person look like themselves; just accentuating/high-lighting the person's features, not taking it out altogether. And that's why I love some of the looks done by BEATFACEHONEY. She believes in making her clients look like the best version of themselves_ which is a good thing.

Basically, I gave her, a subtle look.









On her face, I used:
MOM as a primer
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Cappuccino and a little bit of Caramel
Mary Kay Sheer Pressed Powder (Bronze 2)
Cover Girl Ebony Bronzer
Sleek Blush in Coral
 Mac golden bronze (slightly high-lighted)

On her eyes:
(She didn't want her brows plucked and too defined; she still wanted it to look 'natural')... so I just filled it with Jordana Pencil in Coffee Bean.
Mac e/s Brown Script
Tara  Orekelewa trio e/s in Omoge
Zaron Gel liner in Jazz
Maybelline 'The Falsies' Mascara



On her lips:
Zaron Lip Pencil in Cappuccino
Mac Vegas Volt Lipstick.

At least, he recognised his wife after-wards... and liked it:)
(In fact, I had to beg them to get home first *) wink.) Hehe.



Thanks for stopping by!



xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts