Top-5: Tried & Tested 3

Welcome to another Top-5 ✋series… This time, it is all about Pressed-powders.



First on my list is…

Milani Minerals Compact Makeup:


This is by far, and till date, one of the best powders I have used. It is ‘light-weight’, yet it covers dark-spots and all ‘wella’. It is not cakey nor patchy, and neither does it settle into fine-lines; it is just perfecto!

I always recommend this powder to anyone looking for a good pressed-powder.

A word-of-caution though: there are a lot of fake Milani products out in the market. I either pick mine from my good friend’s beauty shop [@Vevabeautyy_ you could look her up on Instagram] or from Girlyessentials [an online beauty-shop].

I would do well to leave the links, as usual, to where you could get yours. Or, to ascertain the authenticity: check the pack, scratch-off the silver film, find a set of numbers, and send those numbers to their toll-free line [all stated on the product) and be notified if it is original.

So far, it comes in three major shades: Medium-108; Warm-109; and Deep-110 [my shade].





L’Oreal True Match Powder:




This powder is really good: it blends well; coverage is precise; and it keeps the skin matte.

A friend of mine, fairer complexioned than me, uses this as a contour powder and it works 
very well.     

I use the shade 10W, and I like this shade on me [leans towards the orangey side though, 
but I do not Mind].

Recommend? Yes, yes, and yes, especially if you are looking for a powder with full-coverage.


Iman Luxury Pressed Powder:


My friend, got me hooked on this one… it has been one of my most used powders. I particularly like mixing it with my Milani.

Like the name implies, it gives a luxurious look. I ‘dunk for joy’ over this! The powder is velvety and covers well.

I can wear this alone [without a foundation].

Like the Milani, there a number of adulterated and/or fake Iman products; so, do be extra careful when you want to buy them.

I recall an experience at a market where I went shopping: I saw an ‘Iman’ product and asked the cost. The lady said =N=1’500; I was like “Ehnndoh!”😏 

It obviously was not the original. Iman powders are not sold for =N=1’500 or even for ‘2K’ [F.Y.I.].

That said… I have this in the shade Earth-Deep.



Mac Studio Fix Powder:



I used to have a ‘love and hate’ relationship with this product but now, I am unwilling to talk about my top pressed powders and not mention Mac Studio Fix Powder. Nba nu!😁

It gives a smooth matte-finish; blends well; and it has a super full-coverage [one reason it is not my everyday powder_ these days, I lean towards light-weight products; I do not fancy the whole, full-coverage for an everyday look].

You can use this as a powder-foundation. I find I like the look after ‘spritzing’ with a setting-spray. It looks less ‘cakey’ and it stays on pretty well, and comes out flawless.

I use the shade NW50 and NW48 depending…

Recommended! Repurchased!



Maybelline Fit Me Powder:


I got this out of the ‘hype’ on YouTube channels. Many stated this was ‘the bomb’...

How this was their ‘holy grail’… giving you the impression if you have not used this powder, you are ‘from another planet’. Lol!

So I got ‘sucked-in’ and picked one. I got the shade mixed-up and picked a shade lighter; which was not that bad... I made it work for me. Plus, I can use it on clients. 

I must say, this product is amazing! It sets my foundation surprisingly well; it looks beautiful on the skin; and it smoothens out my pores. Amazing right?

Oh, and it does not leave my skin ‘cakey’ or ‘powdery’

I got it in the shade 350 Caramel.

http://girlyessentials.com.ng/product/maybelline-fit-me-matte-poreless-powder/





Thanks for stopping by! 💓


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts