Foundation Story; Season 2, Episode 1...

As promised, 'season' two is out!

Just in-case you missed the first season, here is  a link. ;)

My Foundation Story
My Foundation Story Episode 2

So I've been playing with a few more foundations_ some liquid and cream to powder.

For ease of blending, I lean towards the liquid foundations.



There are a lot I still have on my wish-list; some I discovered are dupes for the high-end foundations.



  • Maybelline Matte Poreless Foundation (in the shade Coconut).


 

Now I know I've raved about my Revlon ColorStay Foundation, but since I got this, I haven't reached out for the Revlon as such. :)

My only issue with this is, it doesn't come with a pump; and I have on more than one occasion, spilled it, because it can be quite liquidy.

Also, the shade Coconut is a bit too light for me, but it should be a perfect shade for those using Mac in NW45 or NC50. I have to mix it with a darker foundation to get it to fit. I will have to get the shade Mocha.

After wearing it, I 'set' with my powder. It looks matte alright, but it doesn't exactly stay matte all day; after a few hours, it gives a natural glow [which I don't mind].

I equally like the fact that it is extremely 'blendable' with any application method; I do like using my Beauty Sponge_ it provides a more natural and air-brush finish.

Oh, lest I forget, I also like how well it 'photographs'. :)

DUPE ALERT: If you like Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, you will definitely like this!

Get yours, Click here



  • Mary Kay Timewise Foundation



*Uhm...did I just say Maybelline Poreless Foundation is my favourite at the moment? Oops! I'm sorry, I wrote that too quick. This foundation  is my every-day applique. 'Like seriously', you should have this in you kit. I finally got the matte one. (I got the luminous one last year and it did not do justice to my oily skin). I got it in the shade Bronze 5 and 6.

It is well-suited for those with oily skin. Just a little amount (a pea-size) will give you a medium to full coverage. It feels super light-weight and goes on smoothly.

Call VevaBeautyWorld on 080-340-091-47, to order yours.


  • Black Opal Pore Perfecting Foundation



This is another foundation I have really liked.  Uhm although, it's safe to say I have got a 'love/hate' relationship with this one.

I got this in the shade Beautiful Bronze, which was a bit light for me [I found out these shades do not follow the Stick Foundation Shades]. I later got it in Carob (I find this shade to be slightly too red on me), I should probably get it in the shade Au Chocolate. (If you are the same complexion as I am, at least you know what shade to get).

It is best to keep the application light_ it can look 'cakey' if you keep adding it to get a full-coverage. It applies matte, but does not stay matte; so if you have oily skin and the weather is extremely hot, this might go all blahhh on your face after a while. The only primer that worked well with this foundation, is my M.O.M. (Milk Of Magnesia).

It claims to minimise pores, but this did little/nothing on my large pores. :(

But/regardless of the cons, this is definitely one of my top drugstore foundations, and I recommend it.

 Do note, if you have oily skin like mine, use a good primer; that would most certainly help. I should add, it does give an excellent finish after applying.

Get yours here:  Click


DUPE ALERT: It is described as a dupe for Nars Luminous Weightless Foundation.




  • Milani Conceal+Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation




Another all time favourite and holy grail... I used it recently on my sister and she immediately dumped her Mac foundation. That is how good it is!  It gives a flawless coverage.
Love, love, love! Got it in the shade Chestnut, but it was a tad light for my skin, so I got the next dark shade which is Golden Toffee (I think that is the darkest shade too).

Grab yours here Click



  •  INGLOT AMC Cream Foundation



I love you; I love you not! I love you; I love you not... That's how I feel about this foundation. Lol. 


It gives a gorgeous glowy finish [ I do not like this much too much because, it contains many silicons,which is horrible for my skin]. Products with that much silicon tend to break me out. It does get greasy.


It has a medium to full coverage, but if you are looking for a foundation that would last long... uhmmm, do not think this would [at-least it didn't on me, especially with my oily skin]. It actually melts on me. I will only recommend it, if you know you would not be out in the sun for long. Will I be buying this again? Nope!

I got it in the shade MW113 from a mall in Lagos!



  • Maybelline Dream Nude Airfoam:



This is probably my worst foundation yet. You know how some-times you 'syphon' your sister's property? hehe

 I do it to my sister and she's good at returning the favour. This one was 'syphoned' and I wish I didn't bother! Lol.

It gives a  light coverage; you need to blend this well if you want it to look good. 

It does feel slimy and a bit oily. If you have imperfections you want to cover-up, this does NOT do it. The texture is so thin and it does not stay-on; rubs-off easily; and not even powder can get this to stay-put. It is that bad!

  • BlackUp Cream to Powder Foundation




My skin looks good with this foundation.


It gives a nice coverage and finish. It has a velvety feel when applied. It looks matte. I apply it with my real technique stippling brush, although I heard it wears better when applied with the fingers.


My only struggle is with the shade (got it in the shade NFC 12), and because it is a little pricey, I do not use it every-day. [By the way, it is amazing how early last year it sold for 7k plus, but now, it's like 11k plus.. 8(].


I got mine from Delta Mall (the Montaigne Place to be exact).

Okey dokey... Any foundation stories?  There is love in sharing! ;)




Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts