Hit Me... Miss Me!

I love all NYX Cosmetics_ from their eye-shadows [especially the Chrome eye-shadows] to their face, brow, lip-products; you name it! They're at the top of my wish and shopping lists.

NYX Cosmetics have various lip-products, such as Matte lip-sticks; Xtreme lip-cream; Soft Matte lip-cream; Liquid Suede Cream lip-sticks; Intense Butter Gloss; Wicked Lippies; and the list goes on.

I wish I had them  ALL!

May-be Santa would come-through this Christmas, be-cause I have been a very good girl. Hehe!

I've got a few of their lip-products, most of which I ordered on-line, some I picked from a NEXT shop.

I should say, as much as I love NYX  Cosmetics, there are some items I wouldn't repurchase_ I would refer to those ones as 'miss', while those I would, a 'hit'.




  • Let's start with the NYX Matte lip-stick, Nude Nu.


Personally, this is a 'miss' for me... I must mention these NYX Matte lip-sticks are very pigmented; this particular one is pretty 'drying' on my lips, even after I use a lip-balm. It settles in-to lines; it is not nice-looking at all when that happens :(.

So, if you've got dry-lips, you might want to steer clear of this one. It reminds me of Island Beauty lip-stick in Peach, which in my opinion applies smoother than this.





  • Next is NYX Matte lip-stick in Whipped Caviar.


I am absolutely obsessed with this colour. This one is non-drying, unlike the previous mention. They probably have a different formula or some-thing, and it has an incredible staying-power. I am not altogether sure how to describe this one: it is almost a Pinkish-brown Nude. Certainly one of my go-to lip-sticks; definitely a 'Hit'!


It always puts a smile on my face :).






  • We've also got NYX Matte lip-stick in Pale Pink.

When I first saw this colour, I was so excited to try it out. One of those colours that looked good in the tube, but not on my lips. :(  
Way too pale and chalky for some-one with my skin-tone. It doesn't go-on smoothly, and it actually shows every line on my lips; not a good one on me... absolutely a 'miss'.

It looked so off on its own, so, I lined my lips with a Purple lip-liner... still didn't work!




  • Then there is NYX Matte lip-stick in Indie Flick.

It is a Bright-orangey Red colour; I have heard say it's a dupe for Mac lip-stick in Lady Danger.

A pretty and fun colour, but unfortunately, it didn't quite work for me. It leaves a patchy-look and feel. 

Would I buy this again? Nope! 
The formula is just too drying for me; but the colour pay-off is ok.



Oddly enough, for the first time since I got this lip-stick, it didn't look so bad. :)


Uhm... I might just put it on my 'may-be' list... Hehe!



  • Ok, moving-on, we've got NYX Matte lip-stick in Alabama.


This is a Classic Red colour. An amazing colour, me likey! :) 

The texture, the colour pay-off, the staying-power... thumbs up, all the way! 

It is not at all drying nor 'chalky' on my lips; and some have compared it to Mac Lip-stick in Russian Red.






  • The next NYX lip-product is from their Xtreme Lip-cream collection. 


They are a cross between lip-stick, lip-gloss and lip-stain. There are 11 shades, I have 2; I wish I had the remaining 9 shades! ;( sniff, sniff! Lol.

One of the two I have is called Nude Peach Fuzz.

When I first got this, I noticed I couldn't get this product to work well on me. It always settled in-to lines_ not at all flattering. I usually ended-up cleaning it off. But on this day, it applied smoothly! The likely, and probably only, explanation has to be 'I had cleaned my lips repeatedly after each application, so my lips were basically scrubbed'.

As the name implies, it is a Warm Peach Nude colour.

The colour is opaque, and it is super-creamy. I can-not really say it is long-lasting be-cause I haven't tried it through the course of a full day. And, as I said, this is the first time my lips are co-operating with this lip-cream. :)

I would say it is going to quickly be-come one of my favourites.

I lined my lips with a Brown liner.



Absolutely gorgeous!

Some-one scream 'hit'? Yep... that's it!


  • Still NYX Xtreme lip-cream, comes Bonfire.

A beautiful Berry shade with a slight touch of Brown.

Pigmented, creamy and long-lasting. Like the Peach Nude Fuzz, this is very opaque with just one coat.

I adore this colour; it brightens my face. Bonfire can make you look effortlessly sophisticated and classy. So if you haven't picked yours, hurry up! Lol.







  • This is the Soft Matte lip-cream in Amsterdam.


I would say, ever since I got this, I've been enjoying it. It's a 'hit'.

It feels dry when I apply it, but it is not 'drying'.

This is definitely one product I am really glad I got. I love the 'finish'. It is a nice warm, 'pinky-red', light-weight, and very long-lasting.








  • Lastly, NYX Mega Shine Lip-gloss in Plush Red.


I'm not a fan of extremely glossy lips, but this would count as an exception.

I love the colour, it's really pigmented and it has a nice cherry scent. It's long-lasting, even after you lose the shine; it leaves a nice red stain on your lips.

I love the fact that it is not sticky like other lip-gloss tend to be. Some-times, I apply it over a red lip-stick to give a nice effect.



So? Which is your favourite NYX lip-product? :)


Thanks for stopping-by!


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts