5 Up; 5 Down!


Oh my! It’s been a 'minute'! A lot has happened! But I won’t bore you with the details. 

If you’ve read a few of my previous posts, you’d know that I’m a super 'duper' oily-skinned gal [and I ain't complaining... as long as I don’t look like a grease ball of course!]. 

I had to look for products that work well for me, and I am certain I’m not on this boat alone. 

So, let’s get right to it!

I wrote a post on My Foundation Story, check it out if you haven’t already. 

Today,  I’ll be sharing My 5 Best and Worst Foundations

Now this is my personal opinion: what does not work for me, might work for you. 

These are my true thoughts on these products.






My top 5 foundations:

1.  Make Up Forever Ultra H.D Foundation
    The first on my list is my all time favourite... I love, love this foundation. The finish looks very natural and even. Most of all, It feels light-weight.

    It doesn’t exactly give a full-coverage, but it gives a flawless look. It doesn’t look or feel 'cakey'. As long as I’ve got a prepped and primed skin, this baby could last for hours and still look and feel like skin. The only ‘ish’ is, if you have serious break-outs , just know this wouldn’t cover a lot; which is not a problem for me. 

    Still, me lovey!



I use the Shade Y535.

2.  Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless Foundation:

    I love this foundation too... admittedly, I did not quite like it at first [and that was because I got the wrong shade_ 355 Coconut]. Up-on getting my right shade, it’s been my 'holy grail'.

It blends well and doesn’t oxidise. It doesn’t exactly look matte, but it gives a certain luminous look that doesn’t come across as 'oily'; it would last long with a good primer. This is definitely an every-day foundation.

What I consider a down-side is, I have large pores_ I actually thought this would minimise my pores, after-all the product copy states "matte + poreless…" Well, no such luck! And... it does not come with a pump; which can make it really messy a-times.

Still, it gets to be my second seal-of-approval! :)


I use the Shade 360 Mocha.

3  Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation:
:
    I like this foundation a lot because, the shade I’ve got, which is probably the darkest, fits my skin well [very well!]. 

    You should be able to tell from the bottle that I've shown it some love [a lot of love too]. Hehehe!

    This foundation is thick and creamy, thus the 2-in-1 'appellation'. So, while applying it, it could look 'cakey'. To avoid that, I use a beauty-blender to 'sheer' it out a bit. Some-times, I mix it with a lighter foundation [goes well with my Make up Forever H.D.].

Although if you have got oily-skin like mine, I’d recommend you use a pretty good matte primer or 'mattifier'.

Also it dries quickly; so, better to work in portions on your face.
The only down-side as it were, is, the foundation has a fragrance which I do not like, but I don’t mind... [much!]


I use the Shade Golden Toffee 14.

4.  Revlon Colorstay Foundation:

    Where do I start with this foundation? 
    This, at one point, was my favourite. This is my 4th bottle, and I'm sure it wouldn't be my last. :)

    I have the formula for oily/combination skin... and this baby, stays on for hours! It has great coverage for blemishes, spots or uneven skin. It works almost like a concealer. I actually used a lighter shade as a concealer at one point.

My reservation is, it can feel a bit 'heavy' on the skin... [I do not think that used to be a problem, until I tried my Makeup Forever Foundation].

Also, it clings to dry patches on the face; thus, I always moisturise before applying this.


I use it in the Shade Cappuccino 410.

5.  Mac Studio Fix Fluid: 
    I used to have a love and hate relationship with this foundation, but discovering a good primer for this has helped a lot [I use a silicone primer]. And knowing it can get dry and patchy, I avoid using a mattifying primer. 

    It gives a full and matte coverage, making one look flawless.

I have observed, every-time I use this foundation, I always get complimented and asked what I’m wearing. I reckoned it can't be all that bad, and it thus made it to the list of My Top 5.


I use the Shade NW48 or NW50 [depending…]

P.S.: It’s got a weird smell that I do not fancy. :(

Ghen Ghen.... Now

My  top not so good foundation: 

And I’m starting from the least favoured to the less so.
1.  
        Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Foundation:

    I absolutely tried to like this product ['tried' being the operative word]. 
    I tried it with various moisturisers and primers... no luck! Especially since it’s on the 'higher' budget side. 

    With the way this was raved about on YouTube and beauty blogs, you’d think it was a 'miracle' foundation, but heck… [I keep asking myself, ’who send me work o?!'].

Guess what? I tried it yesterday, just so I’d give it 'the benefit of the doubt' or maybe there could be a miraculous happenstance but... *weeps* No such luck!

It makes/made my skin look really dull and unflattering. 

I looked at the mirror a few hours after wearing this foundation, and *shudder* I looked so grey and ghostly. 

I was like, “who are you?” Lol.


I use the shade 13.

2.  Inglot AMC Cream Foundation:

    From the first day I got this, I knew I was making a poor decision, but I went ahead anyway. [I have been accused of seeing new make-up products and not just walking away…*weep again*]

I tried to make this work, but it was just a 'no, no'. 

I like Inglot products, but this was a 'mess'. 
I have tried it with different primers, a good setting-powder, but it was just a waste

It didn’t blend well; it turned-out patchy and unflattering; no matter what I used in applying it, it still turned-out streaky; and it felt heavy on my skin. 

This foundation was just a disaster! This could have been at the top of my worse foundation list but it barely escaped. hehehe



 I use the shade MW 113

3.  Kiss Beauty Naked Foundation:

    First of, there is nothing naked looking about this foundation.*roll eyes*. 
    I wasn’t expecting much from this foundation to be honest. As always, I wanted to try-it-out, especially as it was really affordable. 
     
    It is/was by far, one of the worst products for my oily-skin. 
     
    The colour pay-out was a mess. It just sits on my skin looking all off
    It felt like I mixed mud and water and applied directly on my face [Lol]. 

    No way am I using this again!

I got it in the shade 201#



4.   H&E Duo Cover Photo Perfect Foundation:

    O.K., I really like a lot of H&E products. In fact, their eyebrow definers are my absolute favourite. 

    Being an indigenous brand, I am all about supporting our brands, but this didn’t just work for my oh so oily-skin… 

    It 'transferred' a lot; didn’t give me enough coverage; and didn’t last long. 

    The colour selection was/is good, but… 

    I’m yet to try it with their powder. Maybe that will make a difference? Uhmmm…

I use the shade Brownie



6.  Black Up Matifying Foundation:

    Is it just me? When one buys a 'pricier' product, one would expect it to... work pretty well. Haba! 

    I most certainly have a like and don't like feeling with this one. 

    Some days, this would look like a total disaster, on other days it would look decent enough. 

    I noticed I get to like it when mixed with another foundation, but on its own... Blahhh

    I do like the 'packaging' though! :)

I use the shade FM07



Well, now you know mine, I'd like to know yours! :)



Thanks for stopping by!


xoxo








Comments

Popular Posts