Naturally... Ever After!

Have you seen that video of the 'dude' singing about his lady's choice of 'natural hair'? 
I find it a tad hilarious... [here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzCwrChj8Us]

This is my first post on hair!

I remember the first time I saw a friend transition from a 'relaxed' hair to a natural one. 
She would post pictures on social media and I would go like "awww... that's so beautiful!" I almost felt like cutting my hair and transitioning as well.

Recently, I paid her a surprise visit... the first thing that caught my attention was her hair, it looked liked it needed some T.L.C.

I had to ask, "babe, how far, why your hair be like this?"
She went,"my dear, I tire; na fight some-times..."

I had to rethink my decision: biko nu I can't fit it!

Do not get me wrong, it looks really gorgeous when the hair is all wrapped, twisted, braided, packed and all, but I discovered a lot goes into going 'all natural'.


Yes there are products you can use on your natural hair to make it easier to maintain... [but I 'is' not that patient when it comes to hair marras]





I'll point some things out to you, not to discourage you of course if you are thinking of transitioning, but just so you think about it [and think about it some more!]. :)

 You can not go natural if :
  • You do not know what you want [this is so me, * cover face]. If you are not 110% certain about it then do not do 'the big chop', you can easily change your mind, and at this point there might be no going back.



  • You can not go natural if most of the time you like to wear your hair straight [this is so me as well]. You need to be able to accept your hair in its natural state. I personally will not do with-out flat-ironing my hair. (Although it is not proper).




  • You can not go natural if you are only interested with what is 'trending'; meaning, you are only doing it be-cause it is what is 'hot' right now.
You want to join the band-wagon. So, basically, if the next trend is to go bald [a.k.a., bololo], you would join that wagon as well, innit?! Hehe!

Basically, if hair is only an accessory for you, then taking pride in your hair is 'not a big deal'.

Going natural means you are committed to the texture, and the pride, you feel in it; and you have to note: it is not just a fashion statement.


  • Do not go natural if you want to control your hair [I learnt this from my friend. :)] You need to let your hair take the lead; you can not control it as you would 'relaxed' hair. As she stated, some days your hair will be extra strong and tightly curled, other times it might not feel/look full enough. When going natural, you need to have an easy-going attitude and accept that some-times the hair will not be entirely submissive.


  • You might not be able to go natural if the health of your hair is not your first priority. [Ugwanu, you see why I will not fit it to go natural? Lol]
You need to be extremely patient for you to take good care of your natural hair. When it is short, it does not take or need a lot of maintaining as such, but as it grows longer it demands time and pampering for it to look healthy. If you do not take or make the time to clean, de-tangle and style your natural hair, then why bother? it takes work work work [*in Rihanna's voice] Lol.



If you think natural hair doesn't need regular care... think again!

If you have thought this through, and still think you can beat the odds, by all means rock on gal [or boi?]

In fact, looking at the picture above, I wish I could get my hair to look like that [*tears rolling].

Personally, I like seeing ladies wearing their natural hair; I like the way they style it and all, but I ain't ready for that *work work work.


Are you? ;)


Thanks for stopping by!


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts