Let's Make It Pop!

Yes honey, let's make it pop with some 'Colorpop Lippies', yippey!




I've been 'loving' the Colorpop Lippie Stix ultra matte lipsticks, and their ultra satin lipsticks... Some-body say awesome! Some-body say awe-some!! Lol.


The Ultra matte lipsticks are hands-down my favourite liquid 'sticks, however you have to exfoliate your lips before applying them, especially if you've got dry-lips like moi.

Some of the lip-products I ordered (amongst others) were from www.girlyessentials.com.ng

Now I ought to take a few minutes to describe this on-line shop. I have used a few on-line make-up and beauty-shops in Nigeria, but right now, I'm completely 'sold' on girlyessentials.com! So, if you're looking to get any make-up and/or beauty products, health products [for weight-loss, food supplements, and such...], books/magazine, skin-care and hair products, and the list goes on... not to worry, I've got you covered 'boo'. mh-hm!

Click on the link; check them out; you would certainly thank me later. :)

Another plus for them: they've got good prices.

And, if you're like me, who's constantly searching for 'dupes' for high-end products, girlyessentials.com.ng gives you 'some-thing like that'.

Amazing, right?

So let's see:

*Products; check.
*Prices; check.
*Customer service; double check.
*Delivery; check.
*Packaging; check!

Alright, back to the pop, pop, pop!

When it comes to Colorpop, you can hardly go wrong!


I got a few of their lip-products. The first is one of their 'lippie stix' called Brink; it's sort of a Peach/Pink colour with a hint of Brown; it's described as a Warm, Dusty Taupe. If you're into 'nudes', you might like this one. it's got a matte finish. It is also pigmented.





You can actually get a similar look if you've got Mac Soar Lip liner mixed with Mac Velvet Teddy lipstick. This is a 'cute' colour, but personally, I can't pull this colour alone, I would have to use a Brown lip-liner. The only 'qualms' I might have with this [and that would be because I've got extremely dry-lips] is it feels patchy, and settles into lines on my lips; but in all, it still is a nice lip colour.






I lined my lips with Zaron Lip-liner in Cappuccino (you can use any brown lip-liner).







The next is Colorpop lippie stix in Grunge...



You know the saying: "YouTube made me buy this". Well, Jennie Jenkins [one of my favourite 'youtubers'] made me buy this. *covers face* :)

It's a Dusty, Plumy, Brown shade. It has a semi-matte finish; it's a lovely shade.

When using this, it's best to have your lips dry;  if you've got lip-balm, it will take several swipes to get it to how you want it. I like this particular formula because it doesn't feel dry on my lips.




Colorpop lippie stix in Ellarie...



This was my first Colorpop 'anything'. :)
I like this shade: it's quite sultry. It is described as a Deep, Berry-toned Red; it is also described as a matte finish, but this has more of a semi-matte finish. It glides-on very smoothly. I find the shade very 'pretty'.


Thus the smile... :)


Here we have Colorpop lippe stix in Bichette... [for some inexplicable, or weird reason, everytime I wear this lippie, Rihanna's song: "B**ch better have my money" comes to mind]. Really weird! Lol.





Bichette is a deep-red wine shade. From an angle it looks like hot red-pink. It glides-on smoothly as well and it feels hydrating on the lips. Like the others, it's supposedly a matte shade, but it doesn't look all that matte. I like how it doesn't accentuate my lip-lines; and like almost every red colour, when you smile, it makes your teeth look whiter. :) :)




The only issue I might have with this one is the massive 'transfer'. If I eat, it transfers to my cutlery; if I drink, it transfers to the cup; it just transfers every-where. I think of all the 'lippies' I have used this 'feathers' the most. I would  and do recommend you use a lip-liner with this; I use Nyx Hot Red Lip-liner, or Zaron's  Red Vine.

Verdict: I 'love' this colour, so I'll look past the feathering...

Colorpop Lippie Stix in LBB...




This is a plum wine shade, a creamy matte [so it's not drying on the lips and it gives a little sheen]. It is very pigmented, and lasts for a while_ reminds me of Mac Rebel lipstick.  I like this colour, though it does feel a bit heavy on the lips.






Now time for the Colorpop Ultra Matte Liquid lipsticks...

The first is in Tulle:





It is described as a dusty, mauve, burgundy colour. I absolutely 'love' this colour. It applied smoothly and didn't leave streaks on my lips. It's light-weight, and after applying, it dries to a matte-finish [it is advisable after applying not to 'smack your lips' though].




The staying power is 'off the hook'... it stays-on until I say other-wise.
"Oya, take kiss!"  Lol.

I've used a number of  matte lipstick brands; some are a tad uncomfortable, but this brand is very comfortable.



Tip: When taking these matte lipsticks off, I use wipes dipped in coconut-oil_ that way you don't 'pull' your lips *ouch*. 8)


Next Colorpop Ultra matte Lipstick in Avenue...



" Beauty to me is about being comfortable in your skin. That or kick-ass red lipstick"- Gwyneth Paltrow.   Preach on sister! hehe

This is one of my favourite colours. It's a dark-red shade_ a really lovely shade, and it will look amazing on all skin-tones. It's completely matte and super-pigmented. I also like the fact it doesn't settle into my lip-lines, although when applying you need to be super careful you don't mess it up_ if you make a mistake, you would have to clean it off and start all over. :(


 
See the look on my face?! mh-hm...That's a keeper. :)



Colorpop Ultra Lip in LAX...


One of those colors you can't help but to flip the hair and just werk it! :)

This is sort of a darker version of Avenue with a cherry undertone, described as a vampy, blackened red. This, unlike the others, dries-up pretty fast, so I had to be careful when applying, because it's easy to mess-up. 


Me likey! :)

  




Colorpop Ultra Matte Lip in Zipper... 





You will look super-hot in Zipper, which is described as a deep, blackened purple. This shade is quite bold and pretty but not a colour I'd wear every-day.






It glides easily on the lips and dries-up to a gorgeous matte-finish. It actually feels comfortable on the lips, but layering makes it 'streaky' and uncomfortable. It's highly pigmented, and with one swipe you'll get an opaque coverage. I would add it's not a lipstick you can touch-up, because it could get a bit patchy.




So after trying a few Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks, I decided to try-out their Ultra Satin Lipstick as well, even though I'm not a fan of satin lipsticks.

I got the Ultra Satin Liquid Lip-stick in Prim...




It's a dark, blackened red, very similar to LAX, the difference is the texture. 
This is also pigmented since it is not a matte formula; it does not completely set, and it's quite hydrating. Of course this is not kiss proof, ;) but it does wear for a while.




So mi lovelies... which is your favourite Colorpop lip-product?


Thanks for stopping by! :)


xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts